Tuesday, July 29, 2014

On Blogging

This is my first attempt at a blog. A longtime journalist, I have been out of published writing for more than 15 years. To say a lot has changed is to put it mildly. I've changed, writing has changed, information has changed. In addition to reporting, I've been a full-time mother and a tutor in our local public schools. I've been longing to get back into published writing, so a blog seemed a natural fit. Forgive me as a tweak aspects of it - this is a learning process for me.

I'm a 54-year-old woman, so these posts will come from that point of view. Some of the topics I'll likely cover are children (particularly teenage boys), fashion (love the trends, but mindful of appropriateness. Nothing "normcore" will be found in my closet), education (Common Core, anyone), politics, fitness (I've been devoted to home video fitness since the first Jane Fonda), recovery, and anything else that comes to mind.

My eyes might be the only ones reading this. That's OK. If not, please know that I'll always try to choose my words carefully. I don't mind an argument that is an exchange of ideas and I'll always keep it civil. I have a contribution to make. It's time I stopped telling everyone that I'm a writer and start showing them. It's scary to put myself out there, but here we go.

3 comments: